CreativiSea Opening Reception, Mozy’s Cafe - Leucadia, Ca
Fruit Tree Flower Blossoms - Leucadia, CA
Another day, another zucchini, another recipe experiment.
Yields 2 1/2 Cups
3 C zucchini, peeled and chopped
1/2 almonds, soaked, rinsed, and drained
1/2 TBSP coconut aminos
1 tsp lemon juice
1 TBSP nutritional yeast
1 large garlic clove
1 TBSP ground flax
1 tsp cumin
1 tsp coriander
1/2 tsp sea salt
1 TBSP flax oil
1. Place all ingredients, except flax oil, into the Vita-Mix container(or blender) in the order listed and secure lid. Select Variable 1. Turn machine on and quickly increase speed to Variable 10, then to High. Blend for 30 -45 seconds or until smooth and creamy.
2. With blender running slowly pour in flax oil until emulsified.
3. Serve with raw crackers, vegetables, or as a salad dressing.
4. Stored in a sealed glass container n the refrigerator dip will last for 4- 5 days.
Taste of Mainstreet 2014 - Encinitas, CA
Lunch in the Garden - Solana Center for Environmental Innovations, Encinitas, CA
Ok so my zucchini plant is going nuts! I have enough zucchini to feed an army! Let the recipe experiment begin.
Raw Zucchini Bread
Yields 8 large slices or 18 small slices
2 QT zucchini squash, diced (buy approx. 4 1⁄2 lbs squash)
*The smaller you cut the squash the easier to blend.
2 C ground golden flax
1 tsp sea salt
1. In a food processor fitted with the “S” blade, put 1 quart of zucchini cubes in food processor. Process until smooth.
2. Then add 1 cup of flax and 1⁄2 tsp of sea salt. Continue processing until evenly mixed. Put in Mixing bowl.
3. Repeat with remaining ingredients.
4. Place about 1/2 of the mixture on 1 teflex sheet and spread as evenly as possible to cover sheet completely. Transfer sheet to grid lined dehydrator tray. Dehydrate at 105 for approx. 6-8 hours.
5. Then Flip the whole crust onto mesh sheet, taking away teflex sheet. After flipped, continue dehydrating for 1 hour. Take out of the dehydrator and cut about 1/8” from 4 edges of the crust if it’s curling up. Flip again and put back into dehydrator for another 1 hour. Remove from dehydrator and cut into even thirds – giving you 9 bread squares, or in halves for 4 pieces. Flip and put back in dehydrator if needed. You want the bread to be dry but pliable.
6. Stored in a sealed glass container in the refrigerator Zucchini Bread will last for a couple weeks.
Tuesday’s Tool’s of the Trade - Road Bike
JP got me this cool little gadget for my bike, the Wahoo Blue SC. It turns my iPhone into a cycling computer! With a Bluetooth connection the cycling sensor tracks my cycling speed, cadence, and distance through their free Wahoo Fitness App. It’s really cool to be able to track your progress and log your miles. Not that I’m training for anything but it’s cool to know where you are at. It works whether I’m out on the road or on my indoor trainer.
The Zucchini is Taking Over! - Leucadia, CA
Beach picnic, smashball, crowds, sun, sand, and some jammin’ tunes by The Devastators - Moonlight Beach, Encinitas, CA
Ponto Beach - Carlsbad, CA