JP and I both really love drinking coconut water straight from the coconut but then we’re always left with trying to figure out what to do with all the coconut meat. Usually I use it for smoothies, pies, and coconut ceviche but recently we started buying coconuts by the caseload and I needed some more options for the meat. I had coconut wraps at a restaurant recently and I figured since I had made raw corn tortilla’s several times a coconut wrap should be doable. Turns out it’s actually easier then a corn tortilla!
Roberta’s Raw Coconut Wrap
4 C Young Thai Coconuts Meat (Approximately 4-5 coconuts)
1/4 - 3/4 C Coconut water
1/4 tsp sea salt
- Open coconuts and pour out coconut water into and jar and set aside.
- Cut coconuts in half and scrape out meat with the back of a spoon. Remove any thick woody pieces.
- Chop into roughly 1” pieces and add to Vita-Mix. Add 1/4 C of coconut water and secure lid. Select Variable 1. Turn machine on and slowly increase speed and blend till smooth. You may need to add more water to facilitate blending. You want a pourable but thick consistency to make the wraps.
- Divide mixture evenly between two dehydrator trays lined with Teflex. Smooth out into a tortilla with the back of a spatula working from the center out in a circular motion.
- Put in the dehydrator at 105 degrees for 5 hours. Remove and flip onto a mesh lined tray and dehydrate for an additional 4-5 hours. You want the wraps to be dry but still pliable. * To flip I usually put a dehydrator tray with a mesh liner on top and grip the two trays together and flip quickly. Then remove the dehydrator tray and you can peel off the teflex.
- Top with sprouts, veggies, tomatoes, avocados and add a dipping sauce for lunch or dinner wrap. Or top with fresh fruit and too with a fruit or chocolate sauce for a breakfast or desert option.